Interview, Technical Director- Mr. Satbir Singh
Well, Lark Engineering is a family –owned, Haryana –based company. It was the year 1994 when it entered into Feed machinery market and manufactured its first small 2 H.P. Hammer mill. Over a period the company has come a long way and today we have more than 1800 installations all over the country and abroad which include from a single machine to fully automatically computerized feed projects for poultry and cattle.
Due to our commitment to quality and consistent effort in research and development, the company and its technology has received acceptance from a small farmer to big commercial units. Please tell something about your upcoming projects?
We focus on turn-key projects, in which complete installations are supplied tailor-made to meet the requirements of the customer. Lark Engineering can be found in all sectors of the animal feed industry and also covers fish feed processes. At present more than 1500 hammer mills, 800 mixers, 500 mash feed projects, 120 regular customers of pellet die and 50 pellet projects are running successfully in India & abroad. Below are some of the upcoming projects:
What makes lark different from its competitors in the market?
- Morning Fresh Farms, Tanzania – 50 TPD
- Om Feeds, Haryana – 80 TPD
- Rohit Feeds, Haryana – 120 TPD
- Kanhaya Agro, Maharashtra – 120 TPD
- National Dairy, Bihar -120 TPD
- Bhairavnath Feeds, Maharashtra – 200 TPD
- Lumbini Feeds, Nepal – 200 TPD
- Apollo Feeds, Nepal – 200 TPD
- SAF Agro, Nepal – 200 TPD
- Reliable Feeds, West Bengal – 240 TPD
We strive to be the most innovative in our field, constantly trying to find ways to innovate and improve our products to meet the changing demands of our customers. Due to our innovative approach the company has applied for two patents in Hammer Mill & Mixer. There are many factors which make customers to choose our company. Some of the positives offered by our company are as follows:
What is the secret behind lark engineering becoming the
leading choice of feed industry in india?
- Wide range of Pellet projects, 2 TPH to 30 TPH.
- Low Power consumption.
- Customize tailor made solutions
- Complete In house manufacturing
- Strong commissioning & Engineering team.
- Compact Design with minimum structure.
- Complete consultancy from concept to completion.
We believe in long term partnerships and at Lark it is just a start after selling out a product. Lark will look after your plant and machines long after selling it. The Fundamental Belief that – if there is no Customer, there is no Product, if there is no Product, there is no manufacturer. Organizations and Companies must not forget this basic fact.Lark’s thrust and emphasis is thus, on Customer Service and Care. In keeping with this Philosophy, the following guidelines have been developed and are implemented:
How do you compare the challenges and opportunities between
developing market like india to that of the developed markets?
- The company is highly alert to customer’s complaints and queries. We have set up a separate cell to receive, monitor and respond to such feedback. Even on phone, our customer supporter will help you solve the problem. He knows your production system or machine after analyzing the situation, he will suggest you the best possible to rectify the odds.
- Presentation and training of client teams has resulted in the widening of perspectives in the customers minds. They now seek new Technologies and are willing to experiment with new methods and techniques to improve Quality and Output.
- Always on the lookout for improving and upgrading plant and machinery, in a desire to provide the Customer, State-of-the-Art support back-up the company has associations in overseas that provide regular information on global changes and improvements in all areas of livestock industry.
- Company teams visit its Customers and Clients periodically to seek feedback and rectify matters where required.
- The company’s Installation, Operation and Maintenance teams are highly skilled and qualified to respond at short notice to most of the clients.
India is blessed with a huge resource of livestock wealth. In fact, India has the largest population of cattle and buffalo in the world and ranks number one in milk production in the world. India ranks 3rd in egg production, 4th in broiler production and 2nd in aqua culture in the world. Currently poultry feed production (layer + broiler) is 20 MMT that will grow to 40 MMT in next 10 years. Also Cattle feed production is at 10 MMT/ year, whereas the present need is roughly 45-50 MMT of pellet feed.
Approximately 90% of the Indian broiler industry utilizes compound feed whereas rate of manufactured feed use in the layer industry varies from 5% to 25%. However; the overall poultry industry’s (broiler and layer) consumption of compound feed is only 65%, with home mixers fulfilling the remaining requirement. The feed consumption in this segment has been growing at the rate of 7 - 8% over the last five years. Even though India is turning out to be the world’s largest milk producer, the dairy feed industry remains highly unexplored and cattle feed comprises only 11% of the total feed industry. The surprise factor in the compound feed industry is aqua feed, which has gained huge momentum in recent years. With Shrimp production registering a strong growth of 16%, feed consumption has also grown at 13% per annum in the past five years.
The challenge is to provide the best optimum solutions with low energy consumption and high production output with minimum breakdowns.
Lark engineering aims to provide the innovative technology which best suits the Indian conditions. First as an Indian manufacturer to introduce rotary distributor, Twin Paddle paddle mixer, hammer mill with QGA & braking system etc.
Where do you see indian feed industry after 10 years?
Well, After 10 year’s Indian feed industry is more towards the organized sector and most of the feed plants will be matching the global standards. Indian feed market is maturing, with growing awareness of the positive impact of compound feed on animal products.
Considering this fact, recently we designed mini pellet plant with minimum investment for farmers. We already have few projects like , Rajan Feeds, Munna Feeds and Om feeds ( 2-3 TPH Pellet Project ) in Haryana producing best quality feed with low operational cost.Would you give some tips to the feed millers on maintenance
of feed mills?
Well, “A stich in time saves nine”. Maintenance is an important part of feed mill management. The main purpose of regular maintenance is to ensure that all equipment required for production is operating at 100 % efficiency at all times. It must be a part of the daily schedule.
As we all know, livestock needs feed on daily basis and there is no space for unwanted breakdowns in feed mills. Every feed miller must be aware of the importance of preventive maintenance. For this we developed special checklists & formats in different languages. We run awareness & training programs at Feed Mills to aware the operators regarding maintenance and optimum use of consumable parts. Some time we use the consumable parts more than their standard life but loose much more in feed quality and life of other parts which directly related to them. Like for an average die life cycle it is recommended to use 5 pieces (2.5 set) of roll shells for a better die life and uniform PDI feed quality. Hence using the roll shells & beaters more than recommended life results in great losses in terms of grinding texture, conditioning, pellet quality and specific energy consumption.
For more details, customer may contact at firstname.lastname@example.org and can visit www.larkenggco.com.